Friday, May 16, 2008

thing 23

it's so hard to choose a favorite thing. I loved del.icio.us, google docs, and finding out about upcoming.com. I also think that wikis can be so useful when working in a group.
what I liked the least is that sometimes there is so much crap to look through before you find the good stuff. also, sometimes I think that sites would be more useful if they were designed better. for example, I hated technorati because it was a bland looking page, jam-packed with text. I didn't want to spend any time at all looking through it. if it was designed better, I might not have felt that way.
I think that google docs and wikis are the best ways to do colaborative work. I also think that we need to promote things like listenNJ and NetLibrary to make our patrons more aware of them.
I tell everyone about del.icio.us because I think it's a great way to back up your book marks and it's convenient if you work on multiple computers.

So that's the end of the web things challenge. it's been fun and interesting. thanks!

No comments: