Friday, May 2, 2008

thing 15

One of the articles I read was Away from Icebergs. I like Anderson's point that rather than focusing on teaching patrons how to use the technology, we should focus on making the technology easier and more user friendly. I also read the article Into a New World of Librarianship. I thought that article made a good point that we should not want technology just to have technology. It should be useful and meet the needs and wants of the patrons.
I think library 2.0 is great. The internet is so much more fun and interesting than it used to be. It's active, not passive. Everyone has something to contribute. With the programs available now, people can connect with each other and build communities. I'm really happy that web 2.0 has made it possible for everyone to contribute and connect.

No comments: