Saturday, April 26, 2008

thing 12

WOW
I didn't know about this before. It's great and so easy to use. I could definitely show someone how to use it. The only thing I don't like is that you need to use a library computer to set up an account. Why is this? Other than that one complaint, I think it's a great site. I think my favorite feature is the dictionary. If you come across an unfamiliar word, you can look up the definition easily.
I don't think it's difficult, although it might not be so easy for older patrons. I wouldn't have a problem explaining it to a patron and showing them the basics of how to use it.
I searched for The Host by Stephenie Meyer. It is owned by the OCL, and many other libraries in the area. I have used worldcat before to fill out ILL papers. It makes it easy because it has all the information you need, such as publisher and ISBN.

No comments: