Saturday, April 26, 2008

thing 11

Here's my LibraryThing
I like that there are multiple ways you can display your list of books. However, I wish there was a way you could indicate books that you've read, plan to read, own, want to buy, like you can on shelfari.
I wasn't sure what the popularity number meant and I couldn't find an answer. I guess if I poked around more I could figure it out, but I don't think it should be so much effort.
The books I listed were all pretty popular, and had some good discussions about them and similar books. For example, one of my selections is Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer and one of the discussions was about people's favorite takes on vampire mythology. This gave me some good suggestions for what other vampire books I might want to read.
I think LibraryThing is easy to use, but I'm gonna stick with my Shelfari account. Shelfari is just prettier and I like the organization better.

No comments: